expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 3 February 2014

White Room


In the white room with black curtains
beyond which lies only peripheral oblivion
I'm under my own thumb speculating this
ivory prison chamber, 
my introspective Dalìan scape.


And it's all quite comfortably strange
the phials burning my eyes 
from the walls 
a hedonist's jewels, whispering sweet 
nothings across the void between.


They've locked the door too and good: now
the game's mine, a most selfish luxury upon which I can now freely and privately
indulge.
Who else could deny themselves that one last hit:
since I'm told want is the crime? 


When they let me loose to wander lone they said
that I should, but that I wouldn't
do the things to make me greater.
Instead I'd do exactly what I shouldn't and grasp the prize 
they'd lain before me on a starkly gleaming platter.


Perhaps the gulls still pray outside
the lychgate to my crypt. Will they 
draw the warden's portière to peek
inside the crystalline?
Observe.


My forty days and forty 
nights, inverse: 
this vice hollow yet fulfilled. 
And but a touch by wizened hand
to be mine; I yours.


It tastes! A drop, a drop
amidst the veins and brains to nullify 
like the white across the walls, bleached
poisoned liquor soaking
the soul.


Dizzied, romanced, hungered inebriation -
my parasite crawls on three; she spawns
deliciously
in every shrinking, 
shrunken fibre.


Gossamer wings these 
purest plumes erupt from blades,
yawning over sparrowed 
limbs. The elixir
has borne my flight!


Now sink in stones into the skies, above
all mortal requisite.
Below the tides of many years,
escaped so soon, 
in spite.


This vernal blossom sheds its skins
as dulcet venom shrives 
throughout. 
Though not yet grown to petalline prime 
I'm the ripest babe. 


Woe to the bone for surrender
to sin: did I injure
thee at my expense? 
Forgive the grief - my feathered feet
engraved your earth.


Slave's exodus, my fettered wrists
slip the ravaging chains.
Free! - embark to transcend upon
a crest of 
my nirvana.


No love lost for 
my little husk; these palisades
have grown too cold.
Never shall I covet
such a wintry, wretched dream. 


But regret is spared 
for the keepers, who yearned to preserve
their captive. I entrust my space
with regards, and faith
to suffice another. 


Judas place a parting kiss 
upon my tinctured cherried lips,
and seal with a tear
for the one you caused to 
steal away. 


How could one remain?
Forgo eternal bliss for this:
here I'll only lie
in the dark where the shadows run 
from themselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment